Get a property industry licence or registration
Moving to Queensland?
You can transfer a current, valid licence from interstate or New Zealand to the equivalent licence in Queensland.
New laws will come into effect in late 2014, including:
- Property Occupations Act 2014
- Property Occupations Regulation 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
These will reduce red tape for your business.
Until this time, you must continue to follow the existing laws.
You can also read the relevant pages in this section for full details.
You will no longer need a licence.
Resident letting agents
We are relaxing some of the restrictions on resident letting agents.
Pastoral house agents
We are phasing out the specific licences for pastoral house agents. Under the new law:
- pastoral house agents will be transitioned to become real estate agents, auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers
- pastoral house managers and directors will be transitioned to become real estate agents
- pastoral house salespeople will be transitioned to become registered real estate salespeople
- pastoral house auctioneers will be transitioned to become auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers.