Skip links and keyboard navigation

Get a property industry licence or registration

Moving to Queensland?

You can transfer a current, valid licence from interstate or New Zealand to the equivalent licence in Queensland.

Find out what to do

What’s changing

New laws will come into effect in late 2014, including:

These will reduce red tape for your business.

Until this time, you must continue to follow the existing laws.

Find the overall changes

You can also read the relevant pages in this section for full details.

Property developers

You will no longer need a licence.

Learn more

Resident letting agents

We are relaxing some of the restrictions on resident letting agents.

Learn more

Pastoral house agents

We are phasing out the specific licences for pastoral house agents. Under the new law:

  • pastoral house agents will be transitioned to become real estate agents, auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers
  • pastoral house managers and directors will be transitioned to become real estate agents
  • pastoral house salespeople will be transitioned to become registered real estate salespeople
  • pastoral house auctioneers will be transitioned to become auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers.

Learn more

Last updated
7 November 2014

Page feedback

Your privacy

Information collected through this form is used to improve this website.

Any information you submit that could identify you (e.g. name, email address) will be stored securely, and destroyed after we process your feedback.

  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response.

  3. Contact (optional)