Water monitoring and data
We monitor the quantity and quality of surface freshwater and groundwater systems across Queensland, and the water quality of Queensland coastal catchments. This supports natural resource management initiatives and water resource planning.
Streamflow and groundwater data
Access the latest water monitoring information from our monitoring sites across Queensland.
Access a range of wetlands data on water quality, quantity and ecosystem monitoring:
Harmful algal blooms are common seasonal events in both fresh and coastal marine waters. Find out about blue-green algae and the dangers to humans and stock.
Scientific data is available for the following subject areas:
- Water quality monitoring across Queensland coastal catchments.
- Nutrients, total suspended solids and pesticide and loads.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3170 5508 to request data. There may be a cost involved, depending on the data requested.
Some datasets are available through Queensland Government open data.
- For the latest information about stream and river heights for flood warning purposes, please refer to the Bureau of Meteorology.
- The Queensland Integrated Waterways Monitoring Framework (PDF, 829KB) is a comprehensive model for waterways monitoring in the state.
- Read how monitoring data feeds into the water resource planning process.