Volunteer to support The Duke of Ed and Bridge Awards and you can:
- interact with participants and other volunteers in the community
- develop new friendships and partnerships
- apply your skills and learn new ones
- enjoy the satisfaction of helping young people to achieve their Award.
We need and value volunteers in all sorts of roles. Find out what each role involves below or find out how to apply.
State Award Committee
- Provide strategic guidance for the delivery of The Duke of Ed and Bridge Award programs in Queensland.
- Promote The Duke of Ed and Bridge Award programs through industry and community networks.
- Maintain standards and manage the Award program on behalf of the Award Unit.
- Assess a participant's progress and judge whether they have demonstrated the necessary effort and self-improvement for their Award.
Adventurous Journey Supervisors
- Facilitate and assess Adventurous Journeys.
Become a volunteer
All volunteers must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- agree to the volunteer code of conduct (PDF, 127KB) or
- get a blue card (a 'Working with Children Check').