Are you a school-leaver planning to spend Schoolies in Queensland? We’ve got all the information you need to have a safe and enjoyable time.
In 2017, Schoolies activities will be held on the Gold Coast and at Airlie Beach. Find out more.
Find out more about:
- Sticking together – information about the importance of sticking with your mates and staying safe at Schoolies.
- Why it’s ok to walk away – tips on avoiding confrontation and looking after mates at Schoolies.
- Alcohol – information about alcohol and drink spiking.
- Drugs – information about the risks of taking drugs and what to do in an emergency.
- Sexual health – information about safe sex and sexual assault.
- Emotional health – advice about supporting your friends and seeking help if you’re experiencing anxiety or depression.
- Privacy and social media – information about protecting your privacy while using social media and the risks of sexting.
- Balcony safety – tips to make sure you remain safe on balconies.
- Travel safe – information about getting around safely at Schoolies.
- Sun and surf – advice for sun, surf and boating safety at Schoolies.
- In case of emergency – advice for avoiding risks and what to do in an emergency.
Before you go to Schoolies, it’s important to be aware of the relevant laws and penalties involved, and to also know your rights when it comes to accommodation and hiring a vehicle.
If you’re heading to Schoolies you will need an official Schoolies wristband or ID to access the Schoolies-only activities.