Installing a child restraint
Always read and follow the manufacturer's instructions when installing a child restraint. Check your vehicle owner's manual to find where the anchor points are located in your car.
Finding the anchor points in my car
Check your vehicle owner's manual to find where the anchor points are located. If you don't have the owner's manual, check your vehicle manufacturer's website or contact your vehicle manufacturer for help.
It is important not to confuse luggage fixing points with child restraint anchor points.
To find a business in your local area qualified to install anchor points in your vehicle (code LK6) please contact the Department of Transport and Main Roads modifications help desk on 13 23 80.
In this guide:
- Types of child restraints
- When to move to the next type of restraint
- Installing a child restraint
- Where children should sit
- Exemptions from complying with standard child restraint laws