About notices to mariners
Maritime Safety Queensland circulates marine safety information to mariners, organisations and other interested parties as Notices to Mariners.
Notices to Mariners are updated overnight for:
- Capricorn Coast
- Central Queensland
- Far North Queensland
- North Queensland
- South East Queensland
- Multiple areas in Queensland
You can subscribe to receive updates for when there are notice changes for a specific area. View how to set up email alerts to learn more about this feature.
Queensland Notices to Mariners are now in line with the Australian Hydrographic Service in regards to the type of notice being reported.
A Notice to Mariner is issued for the purpose of providing permanent navigation information—generally this information will result in a chart correction.
A notice may be marked as Temporary (T) if the information will remain valid only for a limited time.
Advice notices will cover short term navigation advice and may include information on fireworks displays, aquatic events or similar.
The Australian Hydrographic Office of the Royal Australian Navy is the Commonwealth authority responsible for national chart production known as AUS Charts and the circulation of Australian Notices to Mariners that are distributed nationally and internationally. Information contained in the Queensland notices is regularly reproduced in the Australian Notices. These notices are recognised as being an authoritative, accurate guide on marine charts.
Subscribe to notice to mariners alerts
You can subscribe to receive daily emails, alerting you to the new notices to mariners in your area of interest.
How to set up email alerts
- Visit the Queensland Publication Portal website and log in. If you do not have an account, you can register for one.
- Once you are logged in/registered, go to 'Profile settings' (cog icon, located in the top-right corner).
- Scroll down until you see 'Subscribe to notification emails' and make sure this is ticked.
How to follow a specific notice to mariner's area
- Log in to the Queensland Publication Portal website. If you do not have an account, you can register for one.
- After you log in or register for an account you can follow your areas of interest by:
- using the search bar at the top of the page on the Queensland Publication Portal website, or
- select a region from our Notice to Mariners page and follow to your area of interest.
- Once you have arrived on the Notice to Mariners page via the Queensland Publication website you will be able to follow the area by clicking the Follow button
- If you would like to stop receiving email alerts for the notice to mariner area, you can click the Unfollow button
- Repeat these steps as many times as necessary to follow all the relevant areas.