Benefits for businesses
About the schemes
The Seniors Business Discount Card and Carer Business Discount Card schemes are initiatives of the Queensland Government. They provide eligible seniors and eligible carers with access to discounts at participating businesses.
There are currently more than 800,000 Seniors Card, Seniors Card +go, Seniors Business Discount Card and Carer Business Discount Card holders in Queensland.
Up to 40,000 new cardholder applications are processed each year, and applications are expected to increase over the next decade.
Businesses can register with the scheme for free, with no ongoing costs or fees for membership. There are more than 6,200 business outlets in Queensland currently taking part.
Reasons to register
Seniors Card, Seniors Card +go, Seniors Business Discount Card and Carer Business Discount Card holders shop for goods and services in a diverse range of markets, including:
- travel and accommodation
- health and fitness
- household services
- recreational activities
- information services
- investment and financial services
- safety and security
- bakeries, cafes and restaurants
- automotive and transport.
The business discount schemes can help your business increase its customer-base by:
- making your business details available to cardholders free through the online discount directory (and if you have supplied your web address, cardholders can click through to your homepage)
- providing your business details to cardholders who phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- providing your business details to interstate cardholders and visiting overseas cardholders if you choose.