Find parks and forests for camping
Park alerts and information
Individual park pages have important facility information and park alerts to keep you up-to-date with the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
With around 470 camping areas there are options to suit everyone; from bush camp sites or sites for tents, camper trailers, caravans, and motorhomes.
Camping areas in parks and forests don’t have electricity.
- Formal camping—facilities at each camping area are different, some have toilets, showers and picnic tables, but you should check first.
- Bush camping—bush camping (with few or no facilities) is allowed in some parks, you must camp well away from streams, lakes, walking tracks and picnic areas.
From 1 February 2017, smoking will be restricted in national parks
Find out which parks offer camping in each region:
- Around Brisbane
- Around Townsville
- Cape York Peninsula
- Central Coast
- Central Highlands
- North Queensland
- Outback Queensland
- Sunshine Coast
- West of Brisbane
Your local council may have a list of other campsites in your area.
Motorhomes, campervans, caravans and camper trailers
- Find parks and forests with camping areas for motorhomes, campervans, caravans and/or camper trailers.
- Check out the Queensland Holidays list of caravanning destinations across Queensland.
- View the Caravanning Queensland parks directory.
- Check with your local council for a list of caravan sites in your area.
- Find out about camping in designated fossicking areas.