Developing mediation skills and accreditation – level 2
Development of mediation skills with accreditation assessment is a 3-day course that helps you develop greater self-awareness of your strengths and areas for improvement.
It also prepares you for the National Mediator Accreditation assessment, which takes place on the last day.
You can attend this training if you have either:
- a certificate of attendance from our introduction to mediation skills (Mediation level 1)
- evidence that you have completed an equivalent course at another recognised training organisation.
Experienced mediators who have trained elsewhere may also attend.
Days 1 and 2 are ideal professional development workshops for people wanting to practice their mediation skills and develop a greater self-awareness and understanding of the mediation process.
You will spend the first 2 days revisiting and practising the skills learnt in Mediation level 1. On the third day, you will be assessed for National Mediator Accreditation.
- Day 1—activities, discussions and short role plays on agenda setting, exploration, private sessions, option generation, negotiation and agreement writing.
- Day 2—coached role plays enabling you to experience and practise the entire mediation process.
- Day 3—National Mediator Accreditation assessment.
You can attend any of the days, including the assessment day only. However, if you are preparing for National Mediator Accreditation, we recommend you attend all 3 days, as many people discover they need further skills development before attempting the assessment.
National Mediator Accreditation assessment
During the assessment, you will do role plays, both as a mediator and a party to a dispute. An assessor will evaluate your skill level against the required Australian National Mediator Accreditation Standards.
All our assessors are nationally accredited and have at least 3 years of experience.
- $1,200 $1,045 concession
Brisbane21–23 April 2021
Cairns7-9 June 2021
Brisbane9–11 June 2021
Brisbane18-20 August 2021
Rockhampton8-10 September 2021
Brisbane13-15 October 2021
Brisbane1-3 December 2021