Request a presentation
Change of schedule
With the easing of restrictions around COVID-19, we are pleased to offer presentations in person again (subject to physical distancing and hygiene requirements).
We are still able to provide presentations via video conferencing.
Please contact us to enquire about these options.
Pre-recorded videos of our presentations are also available through our Buy Smart Online channel.
We are committed to helping Queenslanders learn more about consumer issues. Learning about these issues is the best way to protect yourself and understand your rights. Our staff are happy to present as guest speakers to community groups, businesses, organisations and schools on a range of topics.
We have offices throughout Queensland and are happy to consider requests from regional areas. This includes visits to your town as part of our Outreach program.
All our presentations are offered free of charge.
We can present to your group or organisation on issues to help in your day-to-day life as a consumer. Some of our topics are:
- How to recognise and avoid scams
- Your rights and responsibilities as a consumer in Australia
To book, fill out a general presentation form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a preferred date and time, with up to 2 alternatives.
Businesses and associations
We can also present on issues that will affect how you conduct your business. Some of our topics can be:
- Australian Consumer Law information for businesses
- Other industry-specific information (such as for licensees)
- Recognising and avoiding scams
To book, please fill out a general presentation form and email it to email@example.com. Please include a preferred date and time, with up to 2 alternatives.
Schools and youth groups
Young people can face significant risks as consumers—both right now and as they become adults. We regularly present to schools and youth community groups through an initiative called the Buy Smart Program. We cover topics such as:
- Budgeting, saving and spending (suited to Years 4–6)
- Sneaky scammers (suited to Years 4–6)
- Recognising and avoiding scams (suited to Years 7–12)
- Consumer rights and responsibilities in Australia (suited to Years 7–12)
- Hints and tips for our annual Buy Smart Competition (suited to Years 4–12)
- Buying your first car (suited to Years 11-12)
To find out more information on topics covered and how to book a presentation, visit our request a classroom presentation page.
To book for a school (or school-aged) group, please fill out the Buy Smart presentation form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a preferred date and time, with up to 2 alternatives.
- 07 3738 8604 or 07 3738 8610
- Postal address
- Community and Stakeholder Education and Engagement Team
Office of Fair Trading
GPO Box 3111
BRISBANE QLD 4001
- 07 3738 8641