To be eligible for the incentive scheme, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident; or entitled, under a visa granted under the Migration Act 1958 (Cwlth), to work in Australia
- be at least 18 years of age
- have relocated from interstate (except New South Wales) and can demonstrate their principal place of residency in 2021 or January/February 2022 was interstate
- be a qualified tradesperson or building industry professional in an eligible occupation and have been issued with the relevant Queensland licence, registration and/or accreditation by the relevant Queensland licensing, registration or professional accreditation authority to undertake work in Queensland (e.g. Queensland Building and Construction Commission, Board of Professional Engineers Queensland, Board of Architects of Queensland)
- have undertaken 8 weeks of continuous work (with a minimum of 20 hours per week) on flood reconstruction in an eligible location and with an eligible employer or business in Queensland, as an employee or a subcontractor (noting subcontractors can be a sole trader).