Guide to Bond Loans and Rental Grants
After you have applied
If you’ve submitted an online application for a Bond Loan or Rental Grant, you can check the status of your online application using your online application reference number (which starts with BLW) and your date of birth.
If you have any questions about your application, call us on 1300 650 282 or email email@example.com.
After Bond Loan products are approved
If your Bond Loan is approved, we will send you:
- an approval letter
- a copy of your Bond Loan agreement
- a copy of your bond lodgement form.
Usually, we send the bond lodgement form (Form 2C) directly to your landlord/agent to sign and lodge the form with the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) as soon as possible.
Paying the bond
When you move into your home, your lessor/agent must lodge a bond lodgement form (Form 2C for general tenancies) with the RTA to confirm your tenancy has started.
After the RTA processes the form, we transfer funds for your bond loan to the RTA during the term of your tenancy.
Bond Loan Plus
If your Bond Loan Plus application is approved, your lessor/agent must lodge a bond lodgement form with the RTA.
When the RTA receives this form, we:
- send the rental bond amount to the RTA
- pay the 2 weeks rent into your lessor/agent’s bank account.
After a Rental Grant is approved
If your Rental Grant is approved, we send you:
- an approval letter
- a confirmation of tenancy form, which you need to give to your landlord/agent.
After they return the confirmation of tenancy form to us, we pay the rental grant directly to your lessor/agent by EFT/bank transfer.
Sometimes we make the payment by cheque. In this case, we make out the cheque to your lessor/agent and send it directly to them.
For more information about Bond Loans and Rental Grants:
- phone Housing Services on 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- email ICCHousingEnquiries@smartservice.qld.gov.au
- contact your nearest Housing Service Centre.
In this guide:
- Check your eligibility for Bond Loans and Rental Grants
- How to apply
- After you have applied
- Repaying your Bond Loan or Bond Loan Plus
- Existing Bond Loans