Getting help in manufactured homes

Contact us

Regulatory Services, Department of Housing and Public Works

The unit that administers the Retirement Villages Act 1999, including investigating complaints and alleged breaches of the Act.

Phone: (07) 3008 3450
Postal address: GPO Box 690, Brisbane Qld 4001

Other contacts

Associated Residential Parks Queensland (ARPQ): A peak resident’s association providing advice and advocacy for their members who are manufactured home owners in residential parks.

Community Legal Help Queensland: An organisation helping people find (searchable online) a community legal centre, including specialists that may be available.

Council on the Ageing (COTA) Queensland: A state-wide, not-for-profit organisation advancing the rights, needs and futures of people as we age.

Dispute Resolution Branch, Department of Justice and Attorney-General: A government agency providing free, confidential and impartial mediation services.

Legal Aid Queensland: May be able to advise on disputes between residents and disputes between operators and non-resident owners.

National Seniors: A not-for-profit organisation representing Australians aged 50-plus.

Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal: An independent dispute resolution body for retirement village disputes.

Queensland Law Society: An organisation that maintains a list of solicitors (searchable on-line) with expertise in the law applicable to manufactured homes.

Queensland Retirement Village and Park Advice Service: A free legal service for existing and prospective residents of retirement villages and manufactured home parks.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA): Administers the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008, which applies to people renting including caravans and caravan sites in residential parks.

Tenants Queensland: Tenants Queensland seeks to represent the concerns of all Queensland tenants who live in rental accommodation including caravan park and boarding house residents.