Read about Path to Treaty, what a treaty is and how truth-telling and healing will help all Queenslanders to understand what a treaty means for Queensland. Download our resources below for more information.
Our resources can help you to understand more about Path to Treaty and why treaty is important for all Queenslanders.
Talking about what a treaty is and what it means for Queensland is an important step on the treaty journey.
Path to Treaty Lunch
Watch the Premier’s keynote address at the Path to Treaty Lunch, 15 February 2023.
Watch our community leaders' panel discussion about their hopes and aspirations for treaty in Queensland (filmed at the Path to Treaty Lunch, 15 February 2023).
Watch The Hon. Craig Crawford, Minister for Seniors and Disability Services and Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships deliver the closing statement at the Path to Treaty Lunch, 15 February 2023.
Below are some inspirational stories that acknowledge the truth of our shared history. Through truth-telling we can lean on the strength of our collective humanity, commit to reconciliation and, in turn, become ready to negotiate treaties.
Treaty Yarns with Commissioner C’Zarke Maza
Queensland launches Path to Treaty
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and history
Are you interested to learn more about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and history?
Visit the Queensland Government’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, heritage and arts page for a list of useful resources that will help you to learn about Queensland’s shared histories and the culture, art and history of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Since Path to Treaty began in 2019, we have worked in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to reach significant milestones that have progressed Path to Treaty in Queensland.
Read about the achievements and work of Path to Treaty in the documents below.
- Queensland's Path to Treaty Commitment – August 2022
- Queensland Government Response to the recommendations of the Treaty Advancement Committee – August 2022
- Treaty Advancement Committee Report – October 2021
- Queensland Government response to recommendations of the Eminent Panel – August 2020
- Supplementary advice and recommendations from the Eminent Panel – May 2020
- Report from the Treaty Working Group – February 2020
- Advice and recommendations from the Eminent Panel – February 2020
Path to Treaty Market and Social Research was commissioned at the end of 2022.
The report provides valuable insights into the current awareness of treaty-making, truth-telling and understanding of cultural heritage and histories.
It is one of the consultation methods being used on the Path to Treaty and will be used to inform further engagement throughout Queensland.
- Subscribe to Treaty News to stay informed about how we are progressing Queensland’s treaty.