Financial help

Financial help is available for high school students to complete their senior studies and for students who are studying at TAFE or university.


ABSTUDY provides financial help to Indigenous students in school or further education. If you are living away from home while studying, you may also be eligible for the Relocation Scholarship.

Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme

The Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme can help parents and carers of school-aged students who cannot go to a state school, because they either:

  • live in an isolated area
  • have a disability
  • have special health needs.

Indigenous Youth Mobility Programme

The Indigenous Youth Mobility Programme helps 16 to 24 year-old Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth who want to relocate for education, work or training. Support services include access to safe and supported accommodation. Areas covered by this service include Cairns, Townsville, Toowoomba, Mossman Gorge and Rockhampton.

Study Assist

Study Assist provides information on Australian Government financial help available to students including help paying tuition fees and Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS) debts.

You can also talk to the student support officer at your learning institution to find out about other financial help that may be available to you.

Helpful links