Phone helplines, websites and email contacts are listed below to help you find more information about Queensland's childcare services including regulations and financial help that may be available.
- Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) - email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68)* - 24 hours, 7 days
- National governing body - Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) - phone 1300 4 ACECQA (1300 422 327)
- Find a service (search results include contact details)
*Calls from mobiles are charged at applicable rates.
Child Care Subsidy
- My Child Hotline - 1800 670 305* (9am–5.30pm, Australian Eastern Standard Time)
- Department of Human Services - phone 13 61 50
*If you are calling from a mobile phone, you may pay a timed rate.
For service providers
National regulations and teaching queries
All childcare services
- National governing body - Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)—phone 1300 4 ACECQA (1300 422 327)
- Contact your local regional office
- Email email@example.com
Kindergarten program providers
Kindergarten services - contact your central governing body.
Long day care services - contact your nearest regional office.
Education and Care Services Act 2013
This Act applies to Queensland education and care services that are not captured under the National Quality Framework.
For information about this Act, you can:
- contact your local regional office
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) - 24 hours, 7 days
These peak organisations can help with things like recruitment and how to provide a quality program:
- Family day care services - Family Day Care Association of Queensland
- Outside school hours care services - Queensland Children's Activities Network
- Long day care services - Australian Childcare Alliance
- Kindergarten services can contact their central governing body.