Requirement for operators in the levy zone
Monthly summary data return
Waste summary data return requirements
Summary data returns provide information the chief executive requires to calculate the amount of levy owing and are required from the following operators:
- operators of levyable waste disposal sites in the waste levy zone
- operators of levyable waste disposal sites in the non-levy zone if any levyable waste, generated in the waste levy zone or interstate, is received at the sites during the levy period to which the return relates.
Summary data returns must be provided by the end of the month after a levy period (e.g. 31 August for a July levy period). Alternative arrangements are available for some small sites.
Summary returns will be made via the QWDS (Queensland Waste Data System ) more information and training will be provided prior to levy commencement.
In this guide:
- Weighbridge requirements and measurement of waste
- Volumetric surveys
- Monthly summary data return
- Monthly detailed data return
- Record keeping
- Resource recovery area (RRA)
- Levy payment (to the state)
- Levy and exemptions and discounts
- Exemption applications