Baralaba South project
- Construction and operation of a greenfield, multi-seam, open-cut coal mine extracting up to 5 million tonnes per year of run-of-mine coal.
- Open cut coal mine.
- Conventional truck and shovel methods.
- Conventional coal handling and preparation plant and conveyor systems.
- Haul road and ancillary access tracks.
- Water management infrastructure; including two mine water dams, eight sediment dams and seven clean water dams.
- A realignment of approximately 4.5km of the Moura-Baralaba Road.
- A new power line and associated upgrades to Powerlink’s Baralaba Substation.
- An external supply of water to the mine during extended dry periods from the Dawson Valley Scheme; groundwater bores or; the Benleith Water Scheme.
- Support infrastructure including accommodation camp.
- Mount Ramsay Coal Company Pty Limited.
- Approximately 115 kilometres (km) south west of Rockhampton and 8km south of Baralaba.
- Banana Shire Council.
- Approximately 19 years.
- Up to 275 (construction).
- Approximately 600 (operational).
Commonwealth Approval needed
- Yes (controlled action 2012/6547) single EIS assessment process for Queensland and the Commonwealth.
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
The process for the assessment of this project is as follows:
- Submission of draft TOR
- Public notification of draft TOR
- Final TOR issued—EIS in preparation
- Public notification of EIS
- Proponent responds to submissions
- EIS assessment report
The proponent is currently preparing the EIS and incorporating review comments on the suitability of the EIS. The proponent is required to submit the EIS to the department by 30 April 2021.
Notice and documents
Publicly available documents can be obtained by accessing the links below or by contacting Mount Ramsay Coal Company Pty Limited on 07 3088 4670 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Draft Terms of Reference
- Final Terms of Reference
- s42 Public Notice
- Initial Advice Statement
- s46 Public Notice
For further information about the EIS process for this proposal, contact the EIS Coordinator (Baralaba South project) on 13QGOV (13 74 68) or email email@example.com