Reports and spatial products
SLATS derived products can be downloaded from the QSpatial data portal and include spatial datasets for:
- Land cover change
- SLATS Landsat image date footprints
- Landsat woody vegetation extent
- Landsat foliage projective cover
These data have been used for projects as diverse as:
- analysis of land degradation
- updates to regional ecosystem mapping
- assessment of carbon emissions and carbon farming opportunities
- identification of land suitable for biodiversity offsets, and
- compliance monitoring.
The most recent SLATS reports are available from the links below.
Most recent reports (2014–15)
The 2014–15 SLATS report has been released and may be accessed from the links below. Accompanying the release of the report is a regional data summary in the form of a spreadsheet. This summary provides stakeholders with woody vegetation change summary statistics for all SLATS mapping between the first mapping period of 1988–91 and up to the most recent 2014–15 mapping period. The spreadsheet contains additional woody vegetation change data summaries which are not published in the 2014–15 SLATS report (e.g. biogeographic sub-region, catchment, local government area and natural resource management region).
Please note there has been a revision to the regional data summary (dated 7/09/2016).
Executive summary report
- 2012–14: land cover change in Queensland
- 2011–12: land cover change in Queensland
- 2010–11: land cover change in Queensland
Visit our online library catalogue for reports prior to 2010 and search for the title of the publication you are after.
The Landsat satellite image data acquired for SLATS analysis can be downloaded for free from the United States Geological Survey earthexplorer.usgs.gov website.