Applying to continue a public utility easement

The registered owner (or their representative) may apply for the continuation of a public utility easement over their freehold land that is to become public use land.

The consent of the grantee (public utility holder) of the easement will also be required as part of the application. In some instances we may require amendments to the terms and conditions of the easement.

Read our Easement policy (PDF, 588KB) before proceeding.

How to apply

Your application should include:

To avoid processing delays, read the forms carefully and include all required information.

Lodging your application

If you can't lodge your application online, apply through the PDF applications and lodge by emailing or by posting it to Department of Resources, PO Box 5318, Townsville QLD 4810.

Payment options

If a fee applies to your application, payment options are cheque (by post) or credit card.

Cheques should be made out to the 'Department of Resources' and marked 'not negotiable'.

Credit card payments are accepted over the phone.

We will send you a receipt once we have established that your application meets all requirements and has been properly made.

Contact us

If you have any questions about lodging your application or payment, contact:

How your application is assessed

We will assess your application against legislative requirements. We will seek the views of other stakeholders (e.g. state, regional and local agencies) and inspect the land if required.

Policies and legislation

What happens next?

Once we have received the advice of other stakeholders and investigated all issues, including native title, we will send you a written notice.

In this guide:

  1. Applying for an easement over state land
  2. Applying to continue a public utility easement

Print entire guide