Skip links and keyboard navigation

Getting help

Triple Zero (000)—police, fire or ambulance services

In an emergency, call Triple Zero (000) for police, fire or ambulance services. Call Triple Zero only in serious or life-threatening situations.

Flood and storm assistance

Call the State Emergency Service (SES) on 13 25 00 for help with flood or storm damage.

Emergency services


Fire and emergency


  • Emergency—phone 000
  • Non-urgent incidents* Policelink—13 14 44
  • General enquiries—phone 33 64 36 81
  • Crime Stoppers—phone 18 00 33 30 00

* 'Non-urgent incidents' include:

  • wilful property damage
  • stealing offences
  • break-and-enters
  • stolen vehicles
  • lost property.

Emergency Rescue

Other contacts


National Security Hotline—18 00 12 34 00

Poisons Information Centre—13 11 26

Crisis and support hotlines (crisis care, Lifeline)

When to call Triple Zero

Triple zero

Call Triple Zero (000) if:

  • someone is seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help
  • your life or property is being threatened
  • you have just witnessed a serious accident or crime.

To report non-urgent incidents, call Policelink 13 14 44.

Last updated
20 June, 2018
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.