Your child must be at least 4 years of age by 30 June in the year in which they are enrolled to participate in a Queensland Government-subsidised kindergarten program.
Use the kindy calculator to see when your child can start kindy, Prep and Year 1.
Simply enter your child’s birth month and year into the calculator.
Enrolling your child
Many services take enrolments all year. Some accept children at any time; others may have a waiting list.
You can put your child's name on a waiting list before they are old enough to attend. Depending on the service, you may need to enrol your child at least 6 months before the start of the kindy year.
Contact the provider about their enrolment policies.
When you enrol you may be asked to provide:
- the child’s name and address, and details about their parents, carers or guardians
- details of any special requirements (e.g. disability or food allergies)
- proof of date of birth (e.g. birth certificate or visa)
- health and immunisation status
- details of the people allowed to pick up your child.