About Sexual Violence Awareness Month
Sexual Violence Awareness Month is held during October each year to:
- raise community awareness about sexual violence
- promote the support options available to people affected by sexual assault and sexual abuse, and
- uphold a clear message that sexual violence will not be tolerated in our communities.
There are many sexual assault services across Queensland that provide free and confidential counselling, support and medical care.
These services also contribute to a range of awareness-raising activities and community events occurring across Queensland during Sexual Violence Awareness Month.
If you would like to get involved, contact your local service to find out how you can support the month.
Social media shareables
- Facebook image - single teal ribbon
- Facebook image - triple teal ribbon
- Twitter image - triple teal ribbon
Find out more
Find out more about sexual abuse and assault and how you can: