Sexual Violence Awareness Month
Sexual Violence Awareness Month is held during October each year to:
- raise community awareness about sexual violence
- promote the support options available to people affected by sexual assault and sexual abuse, and
- uphold a clear message that sexual violence will not be tolerated in our communities.
Many support services across Queensland contribute to a range of awareness raising activities and community events during Sexual Violence Awareness Month.
Browse our events calendar for information on local activities being held to support the month.
Due to the public safety response to COVID-19, some great activities planned for October may need to be held at a later date.
Register an event
If you are holding an event to support Sexual Violence Awareness Month, please register your event using our online form.
Download the following resources to promote Sexual Violence Awareness Month in your email communications and on your social media. Please use the hashtag #SVAM2020 to join the conversation.
If you have – or someone you know has – experienced sexual violence, help and support are available.
- The Queensland Government funds sexual violence support services that can provide you with immediate and ongoing support to improve your personal safety and ensure you have access to the healing, justice and support that you need to recover.
- The Queensland Sexual Assault Network is a network of non-government services that provides specialist sexual assault counselling, support and prevention programs in Queensland.
- On this website you can find additional information about sexual violence including how to support a victim, how to recover if you have experienced sexual violence, and how to report it.
If you have any questions about the Queensland Government's support for Sexual Violence Awareness Month, please contact the Sexual Violence Prevention team by email.