Sexual Violence Awareness Month
Sexual Violence Awareness Month (SVA Month) is held during October each year to:
- raise community awareness about sexual violence
- promote the support options available to people affected by sexual assault and sexual abuse
- uphold a clear message that sexual violence will not be tolerated in our communities.
Events and activities are held by many support services across Queensland during October to raise awareness of sexual violence.
We welcome your SVA Month event submissions for inclusion in the community events calendar.
All events planned for the month should align to current public health and safety directives relating to COVID-19 in Queensland.
You can find an event near you by browsing the calendar, which also includes other events held throughout the year.
Closer to SVA Month 2022 we will provide a suite of assets on this page to help you promote the month.
If you have experienced sexual violence—or someone you know has—help and support are available.
- The Queensland Government funds sexual violence support services that can provide you with immediate and ongoing support to improve your personal safety and ensure you have access to the healing, justice and support that you need to recover.
- The Queensland Sexual Assault Network is a network of non-government services that provides specialist sexual assault counselling, support and prevention programs in Queensland.
- On this website you can find additional information about sexual violence including how to support a victim, how to recover if you have experienced sexual violence, and how to report it.
If you have any questions about the Queensland Government's support for SVA Month, please contact the Office for Women and Violence Prevention by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.