Getting started with riding
Riding a bike is part of Queensland life. With a few tips and a bit of advice, it’s easy to get rolling.
Welcome to fun, freedom and fresh air!
No matter what your age, feeling safe and in control is the biggest thing between you and years of bike riding fun. That means you need to know what to ride, where to ride and all the essential rules for riding safely.
- Ride the right size bike for you in the right riding position to build your skills and confidence faster.
- Make sure you have the right equipment. Wear a helmet, check your brakes and ensure your bell and lights are working.
- What you can and can't do.
- Find a bike path near you and get riding.
- Consider riding with a group to meet like-minded people, try different routes and challenge yourself.
Read the full guide – Rediscover riding – a starter guide for bike riders.
Tips and resources
Find more bike riding tips and resources from Bicycle Queensland.