Book a vehicle inspection
Roadworthy or safety certificates for light vehicles are only issued by approved inspection stations.
Depending on your vehicle type, a certificate of inspection can be issued by either an approved inspection station, or a Transport and Main Roads motor vehicle inspection centre.
Approved inspection stations
To book a vehicle inspection with an approved inspection station in your area, you can:
- search the Find an AIS online service
- phone the Department of Transport and Main Roads on
13 23 80
- search the Yellow Pages.
Transport and Main Roads inspections
All Transport and Main Roads vehicle inspections must be booked and paid for in advance. To do this, you can:
- phone 13 23 90 to find your nearest Transport and Main Roads motor vehicle inspection centre and make a booking
- book a vehicle inspection online
- complete the vehicle inspection booking request (F5028) and
- fax it to (07) 3839 0673
- email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspection fees for certificates