Skip links and keyboard navigation

Book a vehicle inspection

Roadworthy or safety certificates for light vehicles are only issued by approved inspection stations.

Depending on your vehicle type, a certificate of inspection can be issued by either an approved inspection station, or a Transport and Main Roads motor vehicle inspection centre.

Approved inspection stations

To book a vehicle inspection with an approved inspection station in your area, you can:

  • search the Find an AIS online service
  • phone the Department of Transport and Main Roads on 13 23 80
  • search the Yellow Pages.

Transport and Main Roads inspections

All Transport and Main Roads vehicle inspections must be booked and paid for in advance. To do this, you can:

Inspection fees for certificates

Check the:

After the inspection

Find out what you need to do after your vehicle inspection is completed.

Get an email reminder

Set up an email reminder for your vehicle inspection.

Log into your Transport and Main Roads account and sign up.

Last updated
1 August 2016
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.