Book a vehicle inspection
Before booking an inspection, you must decide what type of inspection is needed. This depends on:
- your vehicle type
- the purpose for which it is used.
Most light vehicles only need a safety certificate. Safety certificates are only issued by approved inspection stations.
Passenger transport service vehicles, heavy vehicles and some minibuses need a certificate of inspection. Check your vehicle type to find out if this can be issued by an approved inspection station or by a Transport and Main Roads vehicle inspection centre.
Approved inspection stations
To book a vehicle inspection with an approved inspection station in your area, you can:
- search the Find an AIS online service
- phone the Department of Transport and Main Roads on
13 23 80
- search the Yellow Pages.
Transport and Main Roads inspections
All Transport and Main Roads vehicle inspections must be booked and paid for in advance. To do this, you can:
- book and pay a vehicle inspection online
- complete the vehicle inspection booking request (F5028) and
- email it to email@example.com
- fax it to (07) 3839 0673 or
- book by calling 13 23 80 and pay online or in person.
Inspection fees for certificates
After the inspection
Find out what you need to do after your vehicle inspection is completed.