Contact these organisations for help and confidential advice:
- Elder abuse helplineInformation, support and referrals for anyone experiencing abuse or witnessing the abuse of an older person.
Phone: 1300 651 192
- ADA AustraliaProvides general advocacy support or guardianship advocacy to older Queenslanders experiencing discrimination, harm or abuse.
Phone: 1800 700 600
- Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland
Phone: 1300 130 670
Depression and anxiety information, advice and referrals.
Phone: 1300 224 636
- Crime Stoppers
Information provided by the community assists with crime fighting and crime prevention.
Phone: 1800 333 000
- DV Connect
Provides free help for women, men, children, and pets affected by domestic and family violence across Queensland.
Phone Women's Line: 1800 811 811
Phone Men's Line: 1800 600 636
Counselling services for anyone at any time.
Phone: 13 11 14
- Office of the Public Guardian
Protects the rights and interests of vulnerable Queenslanders, including adults with impaired decision making capacity.
Phone: 1300 653 187
- Public Trustee
Provides a range of services that help you plan for the future.
Phone: 1300 360 044
- Queensland Civil and Administrative TribunalAppoints guardians or administrators to act on behalf of adults with impaired decision making capacity.
Phone: 1300 753 228
- Seniors legal services
Free legal and support services for seniors.
- Sexual assault help services
Contact details for local support groups.
- Statewide sexual assault helpline
Counselling services for anyone who has been sexually abused or sexually assaulted at any time of their lives.
Phone: 1800 010 120
- Victims Counselling and Support Service
Counselling and support service provided to Queensland residents who have been personally affected by crime, either directly or indirectly.
Phone: 1300 139 703 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Victims Register
An information service established to inform victims of violent and sexual crimes about the status of the person who offended against them.
Phone: 1800 098 098
- Women's InfolinkA free and confidential information and referral services about government agencies and community services supporting women.
Phone: 1800 177 577 (Mondays to Fridays 8 am to 6 pm).