Organisations, venues and equipment
You can find arts spaces and venues to use or hire in many Queensland arts organisations. Often these spaces are especially for youth.
Major galleries or venues may also have venues available for hire for private functions.
Facilities for young people
- The Edge is a creative space at the State Library of Queensland where you can explore your creativity, or hire equipment or space for your projects.
- Visible Ink is part of Brisbane City Council’s program for young people aged 12–26. You can hire space or equipment to get started with your project or new business.
- The Linx Youth Space is a place for young people of Wynnum and Manly to take part in art and music projects.
- Many local libraries have spaces just for young people.
- Local councils may also offer creative spaces for young people.
Spaces for artists
The following arts organisations may offer affordable spaces for artists:
- The Judith Wright Arts Centre offers unique and inspiring creative spaces for events and performances.
- Bulmba-ja Arts Centre has 2 performance spaces, along with the foyer and front deck, available for function hire.
- UMI Arts in Cairns has project and gallery space for hire.
- Local councils may offer space for artists for hire.
Venues for hire
- The Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts offers unique and creative spaces suitable for events and performances.
- The Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA) has venues and event spaces for hire.
- The Queensland Museum at South Bank has various facilities for hire, such as meeting rooms, plazas, the foyer, the theatre or the Sciencentre.
- The State Library of Queensland has rooms and auditoriums for meetings, conferences or product launches.
- The Edge has professional equipment and labs for hire for your audio, visual or software projects.
- The Queensland Performing Arts Centre has studios—suitable for performances, workshops, auditions and rehearsals—that can be changed to dining rooms, lecture rooms or party spaces.
- Metro Arts has offices and studios for artists in Brisbane.
- Brisbane City Council hires out its property (parks, community halls and community hubs) for community events.