Queensland State Archives (QSA) has many treasures and resources for both government and public clients. We host regular events and have displays of some of our collections. Visit our Flickr page or the QSA blog for a glimpse into our collections.
A dynamic map of Native Police movements
Date: 19 May 2017
Time: 10.30 am – 11.30 am
Location: Queensland State Archives Lecture Theatre 2
Details: Join us at Queensland State Archives (QSA) to hear our guest speaker, Griffith University Visiting Fellow Dr Jonathan Richards, discuss his digital mapping project based on pre-separation records of the Native Police held at QSA.
Using historical maps and documents – and GPS software – Dr Richards locates the places identified in these records to build a picture of Native Police movements and activities in south-east Queensland.
Places are limited, so please book through Eventbrite to reserve your place.
Need more information about this event? Please email us at email@example.com
QSA offers a wide range of activities including:
- a regular program of events and seminars focusing on specific aspects of our holdings
- seminars for family history societies or historical societies on a range of topics, or a subject to meet your needs
- opening the second Saturday of every month
- behind-the-scenes tours (contact us for more information)
- exhibitions and displays.
Contact us if you need further help.