Fundraise through an existing charity
You can fundraise for a charitable purpose through an existing charity. For example, you might fundraise to assist a person with a medical condition.
- have written authority from the charity to conduct the fundraising
- comply with any conditions the charity sets
- use the charity’s name when fundraising
- deposit all fundraising proceeds into the charity’s account.
The charity must:
- be responsible for all fundraising activities
- distribute the proceeds from the fundraising
- include the income and expenditure as part of their financial accounts.
If you are not authorised by an existing charity, you need to do one of the following: