Skip links and keyboard navigation

Paying overdue fines with SPER

If you have a debt with the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER) for an unpaid fine or penalty, you can make full or part payments through the following methods.


You can log in to BPOINT using your party ID to:

Your party ID can be found at the top right of SPER correspondence. If you are not sure, you can call 1300 365 635 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, excluding public holidays).

Once your payment has been submitted, a receipt will appear that you can print or email. If you need to make further payments, you can select that option at the bottom of the screen.

Payment transactions take 24–48 hours to process.

If you get a BPOINT system error, follow the instructions provided on screen. Call us if you continue to have problems.

Instalment plans using BPOINT

The instalment plan you set up in BPOINT is conditionally approved once your details have been successfully submitted.

You will receive a confirmation notice within 3 to 5 working days.

You cannot alter your existing instalment plan through BPOINT. Call us to make any changes.

You can also set up an instalment plan by completing an instalment plan application form.

If you can’t pay the minimum instalment amount, you need to send us a completed financial disclosure application form. We will then contact you to discuss options.


Contact your bank or financial institution to pay from your nominated account using BPAY.


Pay by MasterCard or Visa by calling:

  • BPOINT on 1300 742 926
  • SPER on 1300 365 635 (or +61 7 3405 0985 if calling from overseas) Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, excluding public holidays.

Have your party ID or reference number (found on your fine or notice) ready when calling.

In person


Send your cheque or money order to:

The Registrar
GPO Box 1387

Penalty notice email scam

Read about the email scam asking clients for bank details to pay penalty infringement notices.

Last updated
30 January 2017
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.