Withdraw your application to end a civil partnership
If you apply to end your civil partnership in Queensland, it will not be registered until 90 days after we get it. This is known as the termination period.
During these 90 days, either you or your partner (or both of you) can choose to withdraw the application.
Rules for withdrawing your application
To withdraw your application to end a civil partnership, you must:
- be one of the partners in the relationship
- have an adult (18 or older) willing to witness your signature
- have a Justice of the Peace or another authorised person certify your proof of ID documents
- submit your application to withdraw within the 90 day termination period.
If one registered partner submitted an application to end the civil partnership, that partner must be the one to apply to withdraw it.
If both registered partners submitted an application to end the civil partnership, then both registered partners need to apply to withdraw it.
How to apply
To apply to withdraw your application to end your civil partnership, you need to:
- Read and understand the rules above.
- Complete, download and print the withdrawal application form.
- Have another adult person (18 or older) witness your signature in the declaration section of your application form.
- Visit a Justice of the Peace or another authorised person to certify your proof of ID documents.
- Attach your certified proof of ID documents.
- Submit your application form and certified documents to us by post or in person.
There is no fee to withdraw your application to end your civil partnership.
Post your completed application form with your certified documents to:
Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
PO Box 15188
CITY EAST QLD 4002
Visit the Brisbane registry customer service centre at Level 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane with your completed application form and your original proof of ID documents.
Online: Our general enquiry form.
By phone: Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
International +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines open Monday–Friday, 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs may be higher from mobile phones and interstate.