At job expos, industries and employers promote themselves and provide detailed information about themselves, including their current and future job vacancies.
Whether you're a jobseeker, or thinking about changing careers, job expos are a great way to connect with career advisers, employers, education and training providers, and job opportunities.
Job expos are also known as:
- employment expos
- skills expos
- career fairs, markets or expos.
Careers and Employment Expo
The Careers and Employment Expo series make up Australia's largest free careers, employment, education and training events. The annual events are a showcase of employment, skills, and education and training opportunities across many industries.
The next Brisbane expo will be held on 27–28 May 2016.
For more information, you can:
Tertiary Studies and Careers Expos
These expos provide an opportunity for anyone interested in education and training or those seeking professional career development and employment opportunities to speak with representatives from a range of international and Australia-wide organisations including universities, private training colleges, TAFE institutes, government agencies, Defence Forces, employers, professional associations and other tertiary and career related exhibitors.
All career seekers are invited to attend and admission is free.
Find out more about:
- Tertiary Studies Expo (TSXPO), Brisbane
- Sunshine Coast Daily Careers Expo
- Toowoomba Chronicle Careers Expo
- Townsville Careers Expo
Reinvent Your Career Expo
Reinvent Your Career Expos are run around Australia and allow you to meet potential employers, educators and career trainers. Services offered include seminars, career workshops, individual career check-ups and resume improvement services.
Phone (03) 9866 2111 for more information.
Expos for students
The QTAC website provides the dates, locations and website links of expos and career markets for Queensland students.
University graduate career fairs
Career fairs are one of the best ways to find out about graduate employers and upcoming job vacancies in your area of interest.
Whether you're in your final year of university, or just starting your study, graduate career fairs offer university students the opportunity to:
- network with prospective employers and professional associations
- make a positive impression before applying for positions
- gain valuable information about graduate programs and internships.
Find out about graduate career fairs being offered at:
- Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bond University (Bond)
- Central Queensland University (CQU)
- Griffith University (Griffith)
- James Cook University (JCU)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Southern Cross University (SCU)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
- University of the Sunshine Coast (USC).
The Queensland Government Graduate Portal provides information on graduate positions offered in the Queensland Government.
Indigenous employment and career expos
Indigenous employment and career expos offer Indigenous jobseekers and school leavers the chance to talk with some of Queensland’s best employers about career pathways, and education, training and job opportunities.