At job expos, industries and employers promote themselves and provide detailed information about themselves, including their current and future job vacancies.
Whether you're a jobseeker, or thinking about changing careers, job expos are a great way to connect with career advisers, employers, education and training providers, and job opportunities.
Job expos are also known as:
- employment expos
- skills expos
- career fairs, markets or expos.
Careers and Employment Expo
The Careers and Employment Expo series make up Australia's largest free careers, employment, education and training events. The annual events are a showcase of employment, skills, and education and training opportunities across many industries.
Read more about the Brisbane Careers and Employment Expo.
The Big Meet
The Big Meet is a free career fair held each year and targets all undergraduates and recent university graduates. A wide range of employers attend from both private and public sectors, professional associations and not-for-profit organisations.
Read more about The Big Meet career fair.
Tertiary studies and careers expos
These expos provide an opportunity for anyone interested in education and training or those seeking professional career development and employment opportunities. You can speak with representatives from a range of international and Australia-wide organisations including universities, private training providers, TAFE Queensland, government agencies, Defence forces, employers, professional associations, and other tertiary and career related exhibitors.
All career seekers are invited to attend and admission is free.
Find out more about:
- Tertiary Studies Expo (TSXPO) - Brisbane
- Gladstone Careers Expo
- Gold Coast Careers Festival
- Sunshine Coast Daily Careers Expo
- Townsville Careers Expo.
View more regional career expo opportunities.
Expos for students
The QTAC website provides the dates, locations and website links of expos and open days for Queensland students.
University graduate career fairs
Career fairs are one of the best ways to find out about graduate employers and upcoming job vacancies in your area of interest.
Whether you're in your final year of university, or just starting your study, graduate career fairs offer university students the opportunity to:
- network with prospective employers and professional associations
- make a positive impression before applying for positions
- gain valuable information about graduate programs and internships.
Find out about graduate career fairs and events being offered at:
- Bond University
- James Cook University (JCU)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Southern Cross University (SCU)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
Visit the Graduate Portal for information on graduate positions offered in the Queensland Government.
- Visit Graduate Careers Australia for graduate employment resources and research.