The organisations listed below can provide information about emergency accommodation if you are homeless, escaping violence or need a meal, shower and/or clothing.
- Homeless Hotline—phone 1800 474 753
- DVConnect—phone 1800 811 811, Men's line 1800 600 636
- Brisbane Homelessness Service Centre—phone 07 3036 4444
- Townsville Homelessness Hub—phone 07 4753 0600
- Cairns Homelessness Service Hub—phone 07 4046 8050
- The Salvation Army (Salvos)—phone 13 72 58
- St Vincent de Paul Society (Vinnies)—phone 07 3010 1096
- Ozcare—phone 1800 692 273
- Lifeline—phone 13 11 14.
- the 139 Club—07 3254 1144
Find other safe and free places in your area where you can spend time.
Read information to help you choose an affordable rental property.
Community and public housing
Public housing is affordable rental housing offered to individuals and families on low incomes, especially those having trouble finding a place to rent in the private market.
Community housing is housing delivered by registered providers, for example local governments, churches, community organisations.
For more information on housing, contact your nearest Housing Service Centre.
Brisbane Housing Company
The Brisbane Housing Company is an independent, not-for-profit organisation providing secure and affordable rental housing in Brisbane for people in need.
Proof of identification
Find out where you can get proof of identification (e.g. a driver’s licence, passport or a birth certificate) if you’ve been homeless long-term, or have recently left prison.
Housing support for youth
Check the support available for young people looking for accommodation, moving out of home, or at risk of becoming homeless.
Support and counselling for victims of abuse
Find out how to access support if you are affected by abuse or violence.
Check where you can get help after a natural disaster if your home has been damaged or you need support.
More information on emergency accommodation is available from: