The Australian Dietary Guidelines provide advice about the amounts and kinds of foods that you need to eat for health and wellbeing and help you choose wisely from the wide range of foods and drinks now available in Australia.
- To achieve and maintain a healthy weight, be physically active and choose amounts of nutritious food and drinks to meet your energy needs.
- Enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods from the 5 food groups every day.
- Limit intake of foods containing saturated fat, added salt, added sugars and alcohol.
- Encourage, support and promote breastfeeding.
- Care for your food; prepare and store it safely.
The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating summarises this information using images.