South East Queensland
In South East Queensland (SEQ), Seqwater's long-term water strategy, the Water Security Program, provides the drought response plan for the region, including when water restrictions might be imposed. Water restrictions are applied across the whole of SEQ when the combined dam levels drop to 50% of capacity.
Water restrictions may also be applied to individual SEQ communities that are not directly connected to the SEQ water grid, such as off-grid communities, in response to their local supply declining.
Outside South East Queensland
Contact your local council to check current water restrictions.
- Find out about using water wisely.
- Read about water providers, bills and customer rights.
- Read Seqwater's drought response and long-term water security plan.
- View South East Queensland dam levels.
- Time your shower to a song with Urban Utilities Spotify playlist.