Central Queensland Coal Project
- Construction and operation of a greenfield, open-cut coal mine extracting up to 10 million tonnes per year of product thermal and coking coal.
- Open cut coal mine.
- Conventional truck and shovel methods.
- Two conventional coal handling and preparation plants and a conveyor system to transport coal to a new train load-out facility.
- A new train load-out facility to transport coal from the mine via the existing North Coast Rail Line to Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal.
- Haul road and ancillary access tracks.
- A water management system including; four on-site water storage dams, two mine industrial area process water dams, and six environmental dams.
- Central Queensland Coal Pty Ltd and Fairway Coal Pty Ltd.
- Approximately 130 kilometres (km) northwest of Rockhampton and approximately 25km northwest of Marlborough.
- Livingstone Shire Council.
- Approximately 20 years.
- Up to 275 (construction).
- Approximately 500 (operational).
Commonwealth Approval needed
- Yes (controlled action 2016/7851) single EIS assessment process for Queensland and the Commonwealth.
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
The process for the assessment of this project is as follows:
- Submission of draft TOR
- Public notification of draft TOR
- Final TOR issued—EIS in preparation
- Public notification of EIS
- Proponent responds to submissions
- EIS assessment report
The proponent had requested an extension to provide responses to those key matters raised through submissions to the amended EIS and is required to submit the updated EIS by 29 January 2021.
While the proponent has provided a response to the advisory body submissions and an amended EIS, the department has advised the proponent to provide information to adequately respond to key submissions and review comments on the EIS.
Notice and documents
Publicly available documents can be obtained by accessing the links below. The EIS can be obtained from Central Queensland Coal Pty Limited or by contacting the proponent on 07 3832 2044 or emailing email@example.com.
- Final Terms of Reference
- Initial Advice Statement
- Draft Terms of Reference
- s42 Public Notice
- s46 Public Notice
- s51 & s52 EIS Notice
For further information about the EIS process for this proposal, contact the EIS Coordinator (Central Queensland Coal project) on 13QGOV (13 74 68) or email firstname.lastname@example.org