Skip links and keyboard navigation

Recreational wildlife licence

In Queensland, a recreational wildlife licence (RWL) is required if you want to keep certain protected birds, reptiles or amphibians at a residential property.

To find out which birds, reptiles or amphibians require a licence, how to apply for a licence, how to submit a movement advice or to learn about your licence responsibilities you can read this guide or sign in to Facebook messenger and ask Wendy our virtual assistant.

A recreational wildlife licence does not allow you to use the animals for commercial purposes. Visit the Commercial Wildlife Permits and Regulations.

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0)
Last updated
4 January 2018
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.