By law, a road is any area of land that has been set aside, or dedicated, by legislation for the use of the travelling public. Not all roads are currently being used by vehicles or pedestrians, and some may never end up being used for that purpose.
This guide explains how to complete and lodge applications in regards to roads. For more information on road tenures, read our guide on types of land tenure.
In this guide:
- Applying for a road closure
- Applying to dedicate state land as a road
- Applying for a road licence
- Applying for simultaneous closure and opening of a road
- Next ( https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/land/state/roads/closure )