Other scholarships and awards
School students can apply for scholarships and awards in areas such as science, leadership or the arts.
Scholarships and grants
- TJ Ryan Memorial Medals and Scholarships—for Year 12 students to help with tertiary education costs. All state and non-state secondary schools in Queensland can nominate 1 high-achieving student for this award.
- Peter Doherty Awards for Excellence in Science and Science Education—recognises Year 12 science students with high achievement in at least 2 senior science subjects and involvement in extra-curricular science activities.
- Aspiring Teacher Grants—for high-achieving Year 12 students who are starting a teacher education program at a Queensland university.
- Pearl Duncan Teaching Scholarship—financial support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander school leavers who want to study to become teachers in Queensland schools.
- The Creative Generation Excellence Awards recognise and celebrate outstanding achievements by secondary school students in:
- Read more about music and arts programs and events for schools.
- The Premier’s Anzac Prize—an opportunity for eligible Queensland high school students to travel to Gallipoli and experience the Anzac tradition firsthand.
- StuditaliA Prize—Queensland students studying Italian in Year 12 may be eligible to apply for a 1 month Immersion Program to study in an Italian High School.