Offering courses to overseas students
Education providers that want to offer a course to an overseas student on a student visa in Queensland must obtain school provider approval and be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
The information below refers to school sector providers only.
For information on:
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) and English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) providers, visit the Australian Skills Quality Authority
- higher education providers, visit the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency.
School sector providers must meet State and Commonwealth legislation to obtain and maintain approval.
- Commonwealth Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
- Commonwealth National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018
- Queensland's Education (Overseas Students) Act 2018
- Queensland's Education (Overseas Students) Regulation 2018.
Application and change forms
All forms must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us on (07) 3513 6748 if you do not receive an immediate email acknowledging receipt of your submission.
Applying for approval to offer a course to an overseas student in Queensland and registration on CRICOS
- CRICOS new provider application (DOCX, 97KB)—apply for approval to offer a course to an overseas student in Queensland and register on CRICOS.
Applying to renew your approval to offer a course to an overseas student in Queensland and registration on CRICOS
- CRICOS renewal of registration application (DOCX, 88KB)—apply to renew the approval to offer courses to overseas students in the Queensland and registration on CRICOS.
Please be advised, applications to renew an approval must be made at least 3 months before the term of the approval ends.
Amending your approval to offer a course to an overseas student in Queensland and registration on CRICOS
- CRICOS amendment to registration application form (DOCX, 75KB)—amend a provider's registration details including changes to the Principal Executive Officer (PEO), increase and decreases in the approved overseas student capacity, adding or removing a delivery location, registering new courses, notifying of third-party VET arrangements or updating the registered cost of existing courses and updating the organisation contact details on Provider Registration and International Student Management System (PRISMS).
Surrendering your approval to offer a course to an overseas student in Queensland and registration on CRICOS
- CRICOS provider initiated cancellation (DOCX, 63KB)—surrender approval to offer a course to an overseas student in Queensland and cancellation of registration on CRICOS.
Queensland fee schedule
- Application for approval: $379.70
- Application for renewal of approval: $379.70
- Application for amendment of approval (including course registrations): $95
If you need more information about school sector enquiries relating to CRICOS contact via phone (07) 3513 6748 or email email@example.com.