Safe Night Precinct support services
SNPSS contribute to creating a safer night-time environment by identifying and assisting vulnerable people who are intoxicated in the Safe Night Precincts.
SNPSS services include:
- Mobile Patrol monitoring public spaces within the Safe Night Precinct area to identify and assist people who may be in distress and/or at risk of harm due to intoxication and/or violence.
- Rest and Recovery spaces providing a safe place for intoxicated people and those affected by alcohol related violence, to receive support, supervision, first aid and to reduce the risk of harm to themselves or others.
SNPSS operate during the peak late-night entertainment hours on Friday and Saturday nights, (between 10pm to 4am Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday). The exact operating hours for each location differ according to local characteristics.
Service providers, locations and contact details are provided below.
Safe Night Precinct location
Safe Night Airlie Beach
NightWatch Brisbane CBD
NightWatch Brisbane Inner West
Brisbane Inner West
Chill Out Zone Broadbeach
Cairns Street Chaplains
NightWatch Fortitude Valley
Drug Arm Rest and Recovery Ipswich
Mackay Street Chaplaincy
NightWatch Sunshine Coast
Chill Out Zone Surfers Paradise
Civic Assist Street Crews
Safe Night Townsville
Find out more
- If you are experiencing problems with addiction, treatment services are available to help you recover.
- Find out about the effects of alcohol and what is a ‘standard drink’.
- Safe Night Precinct information for businesses.