Learn about boards
Queensland Government boards play an important role in providing leadership, direction and advice to help shape Queensland in many ways.
There are more than 300 government boards in Queensland with various roles and functions, such as:
- boards that oversee hospital and health services;
- committees that advise Ministers on industry issues;
- tribunals that resolve disputes;
- foundations that administer donations for medical research; and
- professional registration boards.
The objectives, roles and responsibilities of these bodies vary and are often defined by legislation.
You can find out more about government boards, their membership and what they do through the Register of Appointees to government boards.
To find out more about what it means to be a board member, explore our guide for members of Queensland Government Boards, Welcome Aboard.