Office for Veterans
The Office for Veterans is the central point of contact and coordination for veterans’ policy issues and Queensland Government commitments relating to veterans.
The functions of the Office for Veterans include:
- provision of policy advice on veterans’ matters
- supporting employment of ex-Australian Defence Force members within the Queensland public service
- delivering the Queensland Veterans’ Memorial Grants Program
- leading whole-of-Government coordination on veterans’ matters
- providing a mechanism for veterans’ organisations to communicate with the Queensland Government.
- overseeing the curation of Anzac Square, the state's war memorial
- supporting a range of commemorative activities.
- Anzac Day Trust Fund
- Anzac Legacy Gallery
- Anzac Square
- Premier's Anzac Prize
- Queensland Veterans' Memorial Grants Program
- Queensland Veterans' Portal
- Veterans' employment pathway
The Queensland Veterans’ Portal provides information and links to veteran and family specific support services including health and wellbeing, employment, financial and legal assistance and emergency accommodation.
If you or someone you care about is at risk of self-harm, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Australian Defence Force members and their families can also call the Defence All-Hours Support Line on 1800 628 036.
- Phone: 07 3003 9168
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org