The online service and the information are provided as a guide as to the registration status of those vehicles in Queensland as at the time and date that the check is undertaken.
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the State of Queensland (represented by the Department of Transport and Main Roads) and our successors.
- ‘You’ and ‘your’ means the legal entity or entities using the online service.
- ‘The information’ means information gathered from a variety of sources, including from us, and includes:
a. the vehicle's registration status in Queensland
b. some of the vehicle's details.
- ‘The online service’ means the Queensland check registration status online service which includes the information.
- ‘Commercialised service’ means an independent, stand-alone service:
- which is directly or indirectly reliant on the online service to operate or function
- which has the primary purpose of providing information which is the same or substantially similar to the information
- for which a fee is charged for the provision of access to and use of the service in order to obtain information.
1.1 We are not responsible for all of the information provided. The information may be created and managed by us or third parties and we do not independently verify the accuracy of all of the information.
1.2 Whilst all reasonable care is taken in producing the online service, neither we nor third parties can guarantee or make any representations regarding the use of, or reliance on, this online service.
1.3 Factors external to either us or third parties or both may impact on the information, or the online service and may affect the accuracy, currency, availability, completeness, quality, reliability or status of the information or the online service.
1.4 We do not guarantee, and accept no legal liability arising from the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of the information or the online service.
1.5 You should not rely on the online service without making your own independent assessment of the vehicle (including but not limited to any modifications which may have been made to the vehicle) and other sources of information.
1.6 The information is for you only and may not be used to provide advice to others and is not suitable for use in legal proceedings.
1.7 In providing the online service to you, we do not assume a duty of care to you. We do not have any responsibility to inform you of any matter coming to our notice which may affect the information or the online service in any way.
1.8 If a law of Queensland prohibits or restricts your use of a class of vehicle or a particular vehicle, we are not required to and we make no representations that we advise you, through the online service, which vehicle you may drive or must not drive.
1.9 We do not approve of and are not affiliated with any third party website or service provider which uses automated scripts, data or web scraping tools or any other method to provide a commercialised service.
2. Indemnity which you give
2.2 You also agree to indemnify us, our officers, employees, contractors and agents, against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense (including legal fees) asserted by any third party directly or indirectly out of or in connection with:
- your use of the online service or any linked website
- your use of or reliance on the information, or
3. Exclusion of warranties
3.1 The online service is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied except any of which may be implied, by statute and are incapable of exclusion.
3.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude, and do not make any representation, warranty or endorsement of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to:
- the content, accuracy, currency, completeness, accessibility, suitability, safety, security, reliability, or any other aspect of the information, the online service or any material on the online service
- the performance of the online service, or
- the performance or suitability of any vehicle identified in the online service.
3.3 You acknowledge that you must make your own inquiries and/or seek independent advice before acting or relying on the information, the online service or material which appears on the online service.
4. Your risk
4.1 You obtain access to the online service at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any interference, loss, damage or disruption to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of the online service or any linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ to obtain access to the online service does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
5. Exclusion of liability
5.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense (including legal fees) whatsoever which is suffered or may be put to us, (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, loss of profits or revenue, business interruption, loss of data or failure to realise anticipated savings or benefits or business opportunities) as a result of:
- the use of, reliance on, or action taken as a result of, the information, the online service or material on the online service, for business decisions or otherwise
- the information or the online service being out of date
- accessing and using the online service and/or participating in any online activities contained therein, or
- any interruption, suspension or termination of the online service in whole or in part for whatever reason.
6. Release from claims etc
6.1 You hereby waive, release, forgive, discharge and relinquish any and all claims that you may have against us, related bodies corporate, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents and representatives in connection with, or arising out of, or incidental to, your access to or use of the online service.
6.2 You release and indemnify us, related bodies corporate, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents and representatives from and against any liability for any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense (including legal fees) however caused (including through negligence), which you or any other person may directly or indirectly suffer arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with:
- your use of the online service or any linked website
- your use of or reliance on the information
- the use by any other person of the information, the online service or material on the online service.
7. Exclusion of liability—scope
7.1 Our exclusion of liability applies to claims whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or equity and even if we have been notified of the possibility of such loss or damage.
8. Your contribution to loss
8.1 You agree that any legal liability on our part will be reduced by the extent, if any, to which you contributed to the loss.
9. Non-excludable liability (if any)
10. Third party websites
10.1 We do not approve, endorse, recommend or sponsor sites linked to the online service, their owners or operators, or any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on linked websites, unless specifically stated.
10.2 We are not responsible for the content of linked websites and make no representation as to the accuracy of any material on those websites.
10.3 We, to the maximum extent possible, exclude liability for any loss suffered as a result of use of a third party website, or reliance on the information contained on third party websites.
11. Authorised use of the online service
11.1 You must not use any tools or solutions to separately provide to third parties a commercialised service.
11.2 For clarity, when you access and use the online service, you must not:
- access or use the online service if you are directly or indirectly involved, in any manner, in the provision of a commercialised service
- directly or indirectly use any information obtained through the online service for the purpose of providing a commercialised service
- use a scraper, crawler, robot, spider or scripts or other unauthorised, automated means to access the online service, or the information contained within it, or extract or harvest information from the online service, to provide a commercialised service
- use an anonymous proxy, anonymizer or other tool to prevent us from identifying your IP address
- use the online service in any way that will result in complaints, disputes, claims, adverse publicity or otherwise damage our reputation.
12. Future changes
13.1 We may terminate, the online service, your use of the online service, your access to the information and any agreements we may have with you in relation to the online service, your use of the online service or your access to the information at any time without notice to you.
14. Governing law
15.1 You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
16. Further information
16.1 The Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) may provide more detailed information regarding the vehicle such as any encumbrances over the vehicle or if the vehicle is recorded as stolen or written off.