Health and safety requirements for driving tests
Face masks must be worn when completing a driving test across Queensland in line with Queensland Health advice.
When you take your practical driving test, follow these health and safety guidelines:
- Clean hands regularly with liquid soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser, including after pre-test vehicle cleaning.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of any used tissues immediately in the bin and clean hands with liquid soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your mouth, face and nose. Do not shake hands.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Keep at least 1.5m away from others as much as you can.
If you feel unwell on the day of your practical driving test please call 13 23 80 to cancel your booking. Your practical test booking fee will remain in your account so that you can use to pay for your test next time.
Before you take the test
Everyone must clean their hands with liquid soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser before taking the test.
You must complete and sign a written declaration. We will ask you to truthfully answer standard customer screening questions including:
- Are you experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, diarrhoea, vomiting or nausea, loss of smell or taste or fatigue?
- Are you currently subject to any quarantine or stay-at-home orders related to COVID-19?
Vehicle cleaning before and after the test
A box of tissues, a waste bin for used tissues, and alcohol-based hand sanitiser will be provided by the driving examiner in the test vehicle if needed.
The vehicle interior must be presented in a clean and tidy state, free from any rubbish, dust and dirt. On entry to the vehicle, we may wipe over any surfaces required, using a suitable surface disinfectant wipe.
All common areas of the test vehicle are to be cleaned immediately before and after the vehicle is used with a suitable cleaning wipe.