Health and safety requirements for driving tests
When you take your practical driving test, follow these health and safety guidelines:
- Clean hands regularly with liquid soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser, including after pre-test vehicle cleaning.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of any used tissues immediately in the bin and clean hands with liquid soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your mouth, face and nose. Do not shake hands.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Keep at least 1.5m away from others as much as you can.
If you feel unwell on the day of your practical driving test please call 13 23 80 to cancel your booking. Your practical test booking fee will remain in your account so that you can use to pay for your test next time.
Vehicle cleaning before and after the test
A box of tissues, a waste bin for used tissues, and alcohol-based hand sanitiser will be provided by the driving examiner in the test vehicle if needed.
The vehicle interior must be presented in a clean and tidy state, free from any rubbish, dust and dirt. On entry to the vehicle, we may wipe over any surfaces required, using a suitable surface disinfectant wipe.
All common areas of the test vehicle are to be cleaned immediately before and after the vehicle is used with a suitable cleaning wipe.