Toowoomba Sports Ground
Open with modifications
Our facilities have reopened to the community in compliance with approved COVID Safe Industry Plans.
- implementing increased hygiene and physical distancing measures
- modifying programs to align with safety protocols
- ensuring our clients and staff stay safe.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our venues.
Toowoomba Sports Ground, commonly known as Clive Berghofer Stadium is situated on Mary Street on the eastern fringes of Toowoomba CBD, adjacent to Queens Park and Toowoomba East State School. The historic sporting ground boasts a national standard professionally maintained playing field which has played host to a number of high profile events such as a NRL Premiership match in 2018.
The field has also been utilized by Queensland Rugby Union, Queensland Rugby League and Football Queensland. TSG is also the home ground for many local sporting clubs including the South West Queensland Thunder FC, Western Mustangs RLFC, Southern Suburbs Tigers RLFC and is the chosen field for Toowoomba’s Union, League, Soccer and school competitions finals series.
On this page:
With a capacity of 11,000 people, the Toowoomba Sports Ground’s floodlit field is surrounded by tiered seating for prime spectator viewing; spread over the Duncan Thomas grandstand, field-side seating and grassy standing areas.
The main entry and grandstand include:
- ticketing kiosks
- digital scoreboard
- two air-conditioned broadcast boxes
- media loft overlooking the field
- function room
- food service stations
- toilet facilities.
Additionally, the ground level has:
- 4 x change/dressing rooms equipped with showers
- 2 x referee rooms
- a drug testing / first aid room.
The southern end of the field has an easily accessible canteen area with extra amenities, and the northern end provides 3 powered sites available for large event catering.
We offer a range of facilities for people with disabilities, such as accessible parking spaces onsite and on Arthur Street, wheelchair access to the grandstand and seating areas, and PWD bathrooms.
The John ‘Cracker’ McDonald Function Room located above the Duncan Thompson Grandstand is available to hire for an array of professional and personal events from birthdays, weddings, conferences, seminars to tradeshows and special game day events. With a capacity of 180 persons standing, the room can be set to accommodate a variety of events with flexible seating arrangements and state of the art audio visual set ups.
Ask about our Functions Package for end-of-year events and 2021 functions.
Other function room features include:
- glass wall for full visibility of the historic playing field
- veranda views of Queens park and the Toowoomba CBD
- a fully equipped kitchen and bar
- reverse cycle air-conditioning
- lift access
- newly renovated bathrooms
- Wi-Fi access
Audio visual features include:
- 2 x High definition ceiling mounted data projectors
- fully integrated audio-visual suite
- electronic touchscreen whiteboard
Contact us for further information or to book your next meeting or function.
Location and map
47 Arthur Street, East Toowoomba, QLD 4350
- Phone (07) 4596 1009 (9am to 5pm, excluding public holidays)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: PO Box 2259, Toowoomba BC 4350