COVID-19 measures at QSA
While COVID-19 restrictions apply we are putting measures in place to help ensure everyone’s health and safety. This includes a visitor booking system to help ensure social distancing in the Reading Room, as well as hygiene measures.
Book a time from 9am to 12.30pm or 1.30pm to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Our monthly Saturday openings will commence from Saturday 8 August. To meet contact tracing requirements for COVID-19, you will need to provide your contact details when booking a time.
The Reading Room
The Reading Room is equipped with facilities to help you with your research, including:
- touchscreen computers for access to our catalogue, online indexes and other finding aids and resources
- power outlets on desks for personal devices
- free Wi-Fi
- microfilm copying machines (you are able to use your own USB or you can purchase one on-site)
- large-screen digital map reader
- a reader's lounge, including:
- tea and coffee facilities, with an honour system of payment
- a refrigerator and microwave
- an undercover outdoor courtyard.
- free undercover parking
- lockers to safely store bags
- wheelchair access to all public areas.
How to get here
Queensland State Archives is located at:
The nearest train station is Fruitgrove Station, on Beenleigh Road, between Nursery Road and Persse Road, Runcorn. The station car park entry is on the Nectarine Street side, near the junction of Mango and Plum Streets. Please check the train timetables before planning your journey.
Walking directions from Fruitgrove Station
The walk from Fruitgrove Station to the State Archives building takes approximately 45 minutes (3.5 kilometres).
Brisbane City Council Bus route no. 150 from Queen St Bus Station stops on the corner of Gowan and Compton Roads, approximately 900 metres from QSA.
Brisbane City Council Bus route no. 152 from Garden City stops at Eisenhower Street, directly opposite Queensland State Archives (check TransLink for the current timetable).
Free taxi service
We provide a free taxi service between the Archives and Fruitgrove Railway Station, Nectarine Street, Runcorn, each Tuesday.
The taxi will be waiting for researchers until 9.00am at Fruitgrove Railway Station.
The trains you will need to catch are:
- 8.04am departure from Central to Fruitgrove arriving at 8.44am
- 8.18am departure from Beenleigh to Fruitgrove arriving at 8.44am
- 4.14pm departure from Fruitgrove to Central arriving at 4.56pm
- 4.14pm departure from Fruitgrove to Beenleigh arriving at 4.41pm
- To book a seat, please contact us on the Monday prior to your Tuesday visit. The cab driver will have a list of names of persons travelling to QSA.
Contact us if you need further help.